Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Baby & Boxes

So, we are now 2 1/2 weeks in & I have to say that life is pretty good. After being spoiled by having Super J around for 12 days, I was very sad to see him go & all of the wonderful meals he cooked for me while home, but I was ready to embrace life with 5 on my own.

The first few days at home flowed pretty smoothly. The girls were very helpful & throughout the days I definitively took advantage of any time the Z-Guy fell asleep to sneak in some 1 on 1 time with each kiddo where I could & catch a few extra z's myself when all the kids nap times synced up.

After feeling pretty comfortable with staying home with 5 on my own, it was time to attempt going out solo with 5. Now, I would be lying if I said this thought was not a wee bit intimidating. What if I left one in the car? How was I going to maneuver safely through parking lots? What if all 3 had to simultaneously go to the bathroom while out? What if I could not get everyone there in time? And those are not even half of the concerns I came up with. Zye had a doctor's appointment though & so I only could obsess for so long before having no choice but to dive in.

So, the night before I made sure that outfits were set, the diaper bags were packed, a busy bag was ready to go, & I even wrote a huge "5" on my hand to calm some of my nerves of leaving 1 of them somewhere, lol. Well, I am happy to report now that I have been out with the new crew a few times, it is not too bad. In my opinion going from 1 to 2 kids is a lil' bit of an adjustment & then going from 3 to 4 can be a lil' bit of an adjustment, but after that the more the merrier-lol. Yes, you do have to get creative in some situations & sometimes you must take a deep breath for a moment, but if you put the prep time, it is actually not too bad. I will say that I definitely think my hubby & I will be investing into a stylish passenger van sooner than I thought though. 5 car seats can be a beast-lol!

Okay, now that the lil' update is out of the way, it is time to move on to the topic of this post-BOXES! Yes, boxes. I swear, no empty box is safe while I am around. As soon as I hear someone mention buying a new fridge, a washer, or a dryer, all I can think about is the big boxes they are going to come in. Growing up I remember my mom getting my siblings & I each our own refrigerator box that we got to turn into our very own house. They helped us cut doors, windows, & we even got to paint them! Ever since then, I have always been obsessed with the endless possibilities boxes offer for kiddos imaginations.

My neighbors have to be on to me by now, because as soon as they drag those things out to their curb I am all over it! So, the other morning when my girls & I took a pajama walk to the mailbox & I noticed one of my neighbors had put at least 10 huge furniture boxes out on the curb, I was super excited & my wheels were already turning with a new lesson plan! It took some bribery, but soon I got my husband to drag a couple of boxes down the street to our house at 8 am in the morning.

It was a blast having the ladies help aid in the construction of their box mansion that morning. The literature that I used to accompany the project after was "Christina Katrina and the Box" by Patricia Lee Gauch. It will be very interesting to see all the different things their house will evolve into over the next few days.

Well, have a fabulous night all!!!

-M&M Momma




Dressed up for costume day
at dance class

Knocked out on mommy



Let the box fun
begin!!!




House for built for 4!









Sporting shades like daddy

#diaperproblems


The ladies patiently waiting
at Zye's weight check





Going on a jungle safari
at the library


Returning their books


Sister + brother time!








Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment