Sunday, February 20, 2011

Date Night is a MUST!

Do you ever feel like you & your husband are almost like 2 ships passing in the night? You finally get all the kids fed, bathed, teeth brushed, in their pajamas, stories read, all tucked in, & after all that the only thing you really want to do is go to sleep yourself. Its sad, but sometimes it is a reality. There are simply not enough hours in the day sometimes or not enough energy left from your last cup of coffee. My husband & I definitely try to make a conscious effort to check in with each other after the kids are all in bed, even if its only for a half hour (and no watching television together does not count as real quality time). I love my children with every fiber of my being, but I also know the value of taking time to focus on my husband. He needs it, I need it, & we need it. After all, the kids won't always be there. When they are all grown up & leave the nest I don't want my husband & I to look at each other & say "What are we doing here, why are we together again?". I genuinely enjoy his company & I don't want to forget that.

I think having date night is a MUST for parents! It is such a valuable thing to be able to give each other that undivided attention without any children interrupting. It also is so refreshing just being able to throw off the sweats, let down your hair, & get all dolled up for your man. It makes you remember you are not just a mommy, but also still a sexy lady! It does not always have to be something way outrageous & expensive either. The important thing is that the cell phones go off & its just you & him getting to spend time on yourselves. Marriage on its own is a ton of work, but when you add in children it has the potential to make it that much more challenging-but also that much more rewarding! So try to prioritize 1 or 2 times a month you can spend quality time together, you will not regret it!

-M&M Momma

Taking time out from
painting to
hang out with
 Austin Rose




A surprise
date night!



No comments:

Post a Comment