Sunday, February 20, 2011

Singing in the Rain...Then Falling in it!

I was trying to keep my girls busy while their daddy finished up painting. Aidann suddenly runs near the front door, points up at the little rack wear hats, coats, keys, & etc. hang & started yelling & pointing excitedly , "Broola, broola, please!". I don't want to toot my own horn but I am usually an expert at translating the 2 yr. old dialect back to English, but this 1 even took me a few minutes to figure out. "Oh....Umbrella!", it finally hit me. We had been watching the rain from the window for awhile now & the girls were really loving it, so I decided why not take them out for a few minutes. Aside from an umbrella, I recommend that every kid get to experience the pure joy & satisfaction that comes with owing their very own goulashes! Asher absolutely loves her alligator boots & Aidy enjoys sporting her Miss Spider ones (Probably because they match her umbrella...Girly girls haha!). Well, after throwing on their jackets & boots, outside we went. Aidann loved being out there, but refused to get out from underneath her "broola" for even a second. As for Asher, she was the total opposite & loved the feeling of the rain running down her face, stomping through the puddles, & trying to drink the water from the curb! Yucky! Bath water & now curb water, what next!?!?

Later on when the rain had stopped, we went to the park to play. Of course Aidy still wanted to sport her boots (even though sneakers would have been a lot easier to get around in). Well, there is a big hill at the playground & after going up & down the slide several times she decided  she wanted to run around. After spinning in a couple circles & jumping in a couple lil' puddles, she decided to run down that hill fast as lightning. At 1st I thought nothing of it, until I saw the HUGE puddle that had gathered at the bottom of it, but before I could say a word all I heard was "Puddle!" then SPLASH!!! She hopped up out of that cold water sooo fast & starting laughing. Of course you want to flip out over things like that, but there was no danger & she is just a kids. Thats the good stuff childhood is made out of, you know? "Was that fun?", I asked her. "Yeah, there were fish!", she replied (There wasn't really, but that was pretty funny).

-M&M Momma







2 comments:

  1. your girls are so cute! i cant wait until little austin gets up and about! your husband must be on top of the world

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. He is def their king!

    ReplyDelete