Monday, March 14, 2011

WWYD? What would you do?

Ok, Parents. Its the 1st edition of  "WWYD?". A parent emailed me a question & I gave her my opinion on how to resolve it, but maybe you all have more helpful options. After you read it, if you have any suggestions then please comment on this post. Thanks! If you ever have any questions to add to WWYD? then email me @ mudpiesandminivans@gmail.com.

-M&M Momma

Diaper Crisis:Basically her toddler wakes up in a wet bed every morning. The diapers just do not hold in her potty or poo poo well enough to get her through the whole night. What would you do? What brand do you use?

4 comments:

  1. I have had the same problem just with a boy... I find that limiting his fluids before bedtime helped a little. Also, using a night-time diaper such at Huggies Overnites...They seem to hold the most wettness in for him...Once in a great while I still have a leak here or there...However, nothing like it used to be. There was a time that I used to double up and put 2 regular diapers that were one size bigger on him during the night...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with April on the fluid intake. We've been limiting Joshua's fluid intake and he's been waking up dry alot lately! He's allowed to have a drink with dinner and that's the last drink for the day. Also, if she is potty training, try to get her to go potty right before bedtime. We've made it part of the night time routine...potty, then bath, then lotion, then time with Mommy and Daddy, then bedtime. If she's not potty training at all yet, they have flushable inserts (made for gdiapers)that you can put in her diaper that might help absorb more...Hope that helps! -Pam :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the ideas! Hopefully i'll find something that'll work for Jules. So far going back to huggies and going back down a size that fits more snugly has seemed to work so i'm crossing my fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. KRISTY SAYS: Hi, I don't believe a child should be limited on the amount of water they are allowed to drink after a certain time. So, what I do is change my daughters diaper in the middle of the night. When I wake up to use the bathroom I change her diaper as well. This prevents me having to change her sheets everyday.

    ReplyDelete