Friday, April 1, 2011

It May Be a Circus, But You Are the Circus Master...

I swear every time we go out & about it is this huge spectacle that has everyone stopping in their tracks, not in a bad way. I honestly get stopped so many times because people have to ask, "Are they all yours!?". Lol! Its a circus, but a very organized & well behaved one at that. It has taken much practice, but I think my husband & I have it down to a pretty close science. Today we went out to eat with some old friends & I had to laugh at myself when I really thought about how long it took for us to actually sit down & join them for lunch-I would say it felt like a good 10 minutes lol. You have to get the highchairs, wipe them down or use your cart cover, wipe down the kids, put on their bibs, set out the place mats (Table Toppers), pull out the crayons or books, set out the snacks & sippys, & then you are just about ready to sit down. Haha. I can only imagine what it looks like the single life person who doesn't have kids-A lot of work! But I honestly love it & cherish it!If you have multiple kiddos then lean in really closely so I can give you the secret to making life sooo much easier on yourself & the kids..... (I'll assume you have leaned in close).... PREPARATION/ORGANIZATION!First, I recommend every parent get some form of a calendar. I even color coordinate my kids events/appointments so I can easily tell them apart (can we say OCD...Lol). Writing lists is another great organizational tool to help keep track of the things you need to buy, repair, & so forth. As far as preparation goes, planning ahead of time for the next day is an awesome way to just make life easier on all parties involved. With 3 kids, I don't know how I would get anywhere on time if it wasn't for setting out their outfits the night before (even your own clothes). I am talking the whole enchilada-outfits, underwear/diapers, bows, socks, & shoes! I also put together the diaper bags & busy bags ahead of time. Always plan (as much as possible) for the unexpected so your never caught with your "pants down". Extra outfits & underwear, bibs, cart covers, snacks, sippy cups, antibacterial wipes, Table Toppers, Potty Toppers,  & whatever else you could need. It just makes trips here or there far less stressful on everyone & saves priceless minutes that really count when trying to get ready to head out somewhere. Load that stroller up the night before, its just easier-Why not? Planning out the next day's meals/snacks ahead of time is also really helpful. After the kids go to bed, if there is anything you can slice or season/marinate ahead of time-Do it! Also, throw another load in while you catch up with your DVR.Another organizational tool to implement is using your mate's help strategically. When we are out & about, before we leave the car, we kind of discuss a "plan of attack" if you will. Like when we pull up to Gymboree class, I automatically get the 2 older girls out & head right in so I can get them into class more quickly. Jay automatically finishes parking then grabs the diaper bags & younger baby before coming in. It just works out best that way. You & your husband are a team & when you get to know each other's strengths & weaknesses you can truly compliment each other & get stuff done so much faster & more smoothly. Another example, Jay is an expert at packing up the diaper bags, loading the diaper bags, buckling in the kids, & remembering all the last minute stuff I forgot-Oops. My strengths are being in charge of dressing the kids, last minute potty runs, diaper changes, etc. At night, after Jay kisses the girls "Goodnight" & they do their little fun special things, it works out best if I do the rest of the actual bedtime routine (baths, pajamas, brushing teeth, etc) while he straightens up the last bit of touched toys for that night. You just find out what works best for everyone & run with it!I can hardly remember what it was like to be the mom of 1, because I have been doing this juggling act for so long. But you know what? I embrace the challenge! I would not want it any other way...Night!Stay organized & prepared!-M&M Momma
Thanks for waiting

Enjoying her
apple slices



Cheesing at our
favorite buy
in bulk store-Lol!

Sisterly love!

No comments:

Post a Comment