Friday, June 24, 2011

Picture Pet Peeve

The following has absolutely nothing to do with my childhood. In fact, I think that I was pretty much born thinking constant flashes of light surrounding me at all times was pretty normal (much like my own kids, lol). But this problem is actually extremely common today, we are busy people & it is SO easy for life to just consume all of our time.Tell me if I am wrong, but doesn't it seem like when the 1st child is born it is all about capturing everything with the camera from their 1st smile to the 1st time they spit up lol. We are so bound & determined to freeze every important moment. Our video cameras are also constantly on hand to get the 1st few steps & 1st words. Some even take it a step further (like myself lol) & actually take their kid to the photo studio to professionally capture ever milestone (i.e. birthdays, holidays, etc). BUT it seems that for the majority, not all mind you, that as more & more children come into the picture the new ones tend to get their pictures taken less & less. It definitely takes more of a concious effort & preplanning to continue taking pictures & video. And then actually getting them all printed!?!?! It can definitely be a challenge.We have to force ourselves to put just as much effort into the 2nd child, 3rd, 4th. While they are young it may not seem to matter so much, but as they get older it will. Kids love to see pictures of themselves & watch themselves on camera. We would like to believe they are somehow magically going to remember everyhting fantastic that happened in their childhood, but they aren't. Pictures/video help so much & they will treasure it. I hear parents admit to it all the time, "Yeah, I take so much less pictures of so and so and it is so sad". My reply, "Try to do something about it. Decide today on out that you are going to make that lil' extra effort". I admit it, I don't get around to printing all of my pictures right away, but at least I have them saved for when I can. And baby books, you bet Aidann has 1 perfectly put together, every detail written in. BUT I still need to finish up my other girls (I highly recommend the baby book solution I posted in Creative Solutions with the footprints fyi). All of our children are equally as special & even though they do know this, we can show them. Take the pictures, save the artwork, keep the stories, make the movies.That was random, but still very necessary for all of us to consider. You don't have to go to my extreme obviously (along with being a bow-a-holic I am also pic-obsessed. 1 memory card every 2 weeks lol), but try to give the 2nd 3rd 4th kid the same effort to capture their childhood & many milestones, ya know?
-M&M Momma 








Banana Anyone?




My Loves


Crashing with daddy...And Elmo

Austin's new shoes, she CAN'T kick off. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment