Sunday, December 18, 2011

Kids Say/Do the Darnedest Things

Today I told Aidann, "Wow, the baby is kicking mommy a lot today". She replied, "Is that because she is swimming around naked in the water?" (in an earlier convo she learned that babies live in water in their mommy's tummy). "Yes" I replied. Aidy stopped for a 2nd to process what I had said. "Is her swim teacher in there too then?". Lol. She then went on to say, "Mommy, if she keeps making choices like this & kicking you, I am just going to have to spank her".
Kids are so funny & say the darnedest things. Sometimes those "things" they choose to say out loud are better left to be answered in the privacy of our own homes or in this next case, our cars...
We were driving through our neighborhood (which happens to have 2 schools in it) when Aidann decided to say as we were passing the 2nd school. "Mommy, I think I am ready to go to white school now, but I don't think I am ready for the black school yet". Of course I knew she was referring to the colors of the school buildings, but that would be 1 heck of a conversation if it would have been overheard in public. Oh my...
Kids also say & do some pretty sweet things that just randomly touch our hearts.
Aidann & Asher's lil' buddy turned 2 & had a party at Chuckie Cheese the other day. Well, the girls had never been & lets just say especially for Aidann right now, big characters in costume are not exactly her favorite. Of course we teach the girls that they are bold & there is no fear, but when it was time for life-size Chuckie to come out, that was the real test for Aidann. He was about to come out & Aidy turned to me & said, "Mommy, I am not scared. I will just close my eyes so he can't see me". I told her that was fine & only a few second later I look down at her sitting next to me & she had her eyes tightly sealed as she suddenly decided to pray & ask for strength on her own accord. It was pretty cute. After all was said & done she was actually standing up in her chair dancing along, lol. I love kids. Bless their lil' hearts.













No comments:

Post a Comment