Monday, September 23, 2013

Fun 2 Do: Shaving Cream Play & Foil Wrap

I feel like when you have multiple kiddos, you definitely have to make a conscious effort to spend special 1 on 1 time with each kid. Not only does it let your kids know how special & individual they are to you, but it also helps reduce jealousy/rivalry among siblings. When they are getting enough attention from from their parents & their confidence built up, kids are not usually going to feel the need to fight their siblings for your attention & affection. 

Every day I try to steal a few minutes away with each kid, but throughout the week I definitely try to prioritize getting at least a half hour to an hour away with each kid at least once doing something they love or a brand new activity (Not always easy, but we make it work). Aidann & I have recently been using her 1 on 1 time to sew a doll & Asher typically loves doing her Lego club, so now it was Rosie's turn. I had not really had time to think about what special activity we could do together, so I went searching around the house really fast to see if I could find anything extra fun to do. Then I found it!-Shaving cream & a tin pan. I let Austin put the shaving cream in the pan & then we grabbed a lot of random things around the house like a cup, spoon, fork, straw, water bottle lids, & etc. She had so much fun making fake "Star" drinks like a "pumpkin spice latte with fat milk" lol, stacking the lids, using the spoon to scoop around the cream, using the straw to blow the cream back & forth across the pan, & etc. It was a super fun time & though it looked SUPER messy, it was a very simple clean up. The other girls kept telling her how cute she looked as they passed by & asked if they could do the same activity for their next special time. I think we have a winner activity & so inexpensive to do!

During school 1 of the activities the girls did while they were waiting for their turn for 1 on 1 time was take wooden shapes that I had set out & pre-cut foil squares & practiced wrapping the shapes smoothly in the foil. This not only challenged their fine motor skills (and patience), but also helped reinforce shape recognition. OH and it was super fun!

Well, those are 2 fun, educational, & inexpensive activities I definitely recommend. They have my girlies' seal of approval as well. Enjoy!
-M&M Momma


Daddy had a birthday recently,
the girls made breakfast





Best way to spend a birthday morning,
coloring with Asher

Spending 1 on 1 with Aidann.
Sew much fun, lol.


Her next request, Squinkies

It was a lil' too quite, this is what I found.
Austin was decorating her lil' sister
before bed




Birthday date night with daddy.


Duplos with daddy.
He... I mean THEY definitely
take it seriously.









Helping mommy clean up


Drawing a picture about
the activity



Wrapping shapes









Lol



She was so proud of the
ball "sphere" she wrapped


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment