Thursday, August 13, 2015

Alphabetical Order Fun!

So, we've gotten back into the swing of school & with school comes spelling & with spelling comes good old alphabetical order! Well, to help drive home the concept of ABC order with my 2 older girls, I took a stack of note cards & labeled 26 of them from Aa-Zz. I then wrote down different words on some other note cards. Mostly short vowels, but some long vowel words as well. I then shuffled up the alphabet cards & gave each girl half. I instructed them that as soon as I said "GO" they would need to get the alphabet in order on the floor as quickly as possible (What's going to work? Teamwork!). They definitely embraced the challenge & worked together beautifully. For round 2 I shuffled then passed out the word cards equally to each kiddo. I took a moment to explain alphabetical order & did 1 or 2 word examples with them before allowing them to try independently with their word cards. They read the word aloud at first & then placed it under the letter card it started with. After a few minutes & they had finished their stacks, we went over all the words together to check our work & then they put what they learned into practice with an ABC order worksheet.

Next week when they get their new spelling words, I am going to have them arrange them in ABC order by using this game. 

Hands-on is the best!

-M&M Momma






Not feeling so hot,
but being a good sport

















This colorful paint said "washable"...
Bahaaaahaaa!

I think it is safe to say she had a long day












I will thoroughly enjoy these 5 minutes, lol.
I actually like it better played in.



Time to swim















Down she goes.


Guess who earned ribbons!









Enjoying the mall.












Time for some football!




























Meeting the cheerleaders







"Want to meet the mascot, Z?"
Umm, I think that is a "No"

























Chilling

Ready for some VIP access












Whats personal space?



Sippy spilling,
no biggie








Another famous Ashy masterpiece






Yeah, she really loves dance






Addie showing her skills













Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment