Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

Let me start this post off by saying that I hope all of you ladies had a fantastic Mother's Day! It still sounds kind of crazy to me when I say aloud, "Mom of 4", but it is also the best thing I have ever experienced in my life!

The official day given to celebrate mothers comes once a year, but all year round we should be letting the wonderful women in our lives know how much they are truly appreciated-all that they have done & sacrificed. I am sure some of you will agree with me that you have probably always had some level of appreciation for your mother or the mother figure in your life, but once you experienced having children of your own & becoming a mother.... There just are no words to convey how much deeper of a respect, understanding, & love you develop.

 Over the past 3 1/2 years I have grown to have such a profound love & appreciation for all my mom must have sacrificed for me over the years & it means so much. I now understand so much more why she made the different choices she did for me throughout the years, she had my best interest at heart. She was not always perfect, none of us are, but I know she always tried her very best. Every birthday party my mom every threw for me, every gift she ever bought me. I now understand how stuff I wanted or needed did not just magically appear, but my parents had to buy it. I now understand why mom was constantly asking me to be more gentle on my shoes, I was definitely the "Scuff-up-Queen". I now have had the deep revelation that shoes are not free & kids grow out of them way too fast! My mom must have done so many loads of laundry daily so that we would have something clean to wear. I now value so much more all of those extra moments she would take out of her day to read me a story or just hold me because I needed a little extra one on one attention. I never heard her complain. Its like she just cherished it because she knew just how quickly it would all end. Yes, sometimes the house is messy & so loud, but 1 day when our kids are all grown & have moved away, we will miss it.

I not only aspire to be like my mother, but I want to apply all those things she taught me & contributed to my life to become an even better mommy for my ladies (and sons someday) and I want my kids to do the same when they grow-up. What a privilege to be a mother-an honor never to be taken lightly. We are shaping the future, no pressure :). So Happy Mother's Day to all of you! Not just once a year, but all year long. Do not feel bad because every single day you are not always going to be perfect, but as long as every day you aspire to be even better & give it all you have that is what truly matters.

-M&M Momma

Getting her oatmeal on!

Absolutely everywhere!

Getting ready for our
pre-mother's day tea party





YUM.








Daddy even joined in!





Making Mother's Day art






My parents' 30th wedding anniversary
was a few days before M-Day.
The girls made them a pot with their handprints

Time to get flowers for the pot



Forget flowers, she was obsessed with the
nasty water on the ground lol


Shopping can be so relaxing



Moments later I found her "planking"
in the dirty water.
Seriously.










Oh my, lol





















Loving their Papa











My lil' princesses









Happy Mother's Day to me!

Yay!


My school.

The ladies made me brownies





Tired after a long day :)
(Mommy too, lol)


















No comments:

Post a Comment