Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday to My Aidann!

Today at 5:21pm, my oldest daughter Aidann officially turned 3 years old. It seems like just yesterday she was born. 35 weeks along, husband had tickets to his ideal football game (Cowboys vs. Cardinals), but instead we were in the delivery room moments away from officially becoming parents. Ironically enough my doctor, who had rushed away from watching the game & now all decked out in football fan attire, told us it was officially time to start pushing as the game went into overtime. I am sure a moment my husband will never forget lol. But of course after only 3 or 4 pushes out popped a blue-eyed & blonde haired 5 pound 12 ounce 18 inches lil' bundle of joy!
After we got over the initial amazement that although she looked just like my husband, she had blonde hair & blue eyes, we became extremely overjoyed & just content. I will never forget that exact moment holding her when I officially felt like a mother. It was almost as if I could literally feel my heart expanding & almost bursting with joy after only knowing this helpless lil' angel for less than 5 minutes. I burst out in tears & informed my mom immediately that I was done having kids. It was not because of the reasons a person might think-The pain of childbirth or feeling stressed by the new financial obligations that we now would be forced to face-On the contrary. I actually said that because for the first time I truly knew what mothers meant when they say your childrens' pain becomes your pain. The mere thought of anyone harming even a hair on her head felt overwhelming/unbearable/unimaginable-Obviously, I have overcome that fear/apprehension since & some, lol.
But becoming a mother has truly been my greatest accomplishment & greatest joy. Every day & can't help but stop & think, "This is what I was meant to do"!
Aidy's birthday celebration began the day before yesterday since Jay had to work on her actual birthday. She awoke to breakfast in bed-freshly made by daddy egg & sausage biscuits with bacon & oj. I don't know who was happier about that, her or me? Lol. We all sang "Happy Birthday!" to her & then she uttered the sweetest words, "Can't we sing to my sisters now?". Awe. She then got to open her 1st gift, pink wrapping paper of course. She was so excited that it even got me super excited. I could have got that girl a box of rocks & I bet she was have shown the same excitement. After breakfast it was downstairs for a few more gifts, a lil' playtime, & then time to get ready to go out.
Recently, I had read a book to her where the lil' girl went to a candy store & she asked what that was. I promised her I would show her on her birthday & so that was our 1st stop. Once we arrived I could see her eyes light up, she had never seen so much candy in her life. We told her she could pick any candy she wanted. She took this task very seriously & after about 5 or 10 minutes of examination she picked out the most petite pink flower sucker you could ever imagine. "Our you sure?" I had to ask & as she smiled ear to ear she replied confidently "Oh yes!". Lol. After that we went to Toys R Us as always. They gave her the traditional crown & balloon & everyone wished her a "Happy Birthday" as we walked around. After a few birthday wishes she turned & asked "How does everyone know?". My guess would be the huge crown on her head, birthday boa, balloon, & special announcement over the intercom but who really can say? Hee hee.
After that it was definitely nap time & then enjoying the rest of the day playing with her new things. Good day definitely. The kid couldn't stop saying "Thank you". Its so cool when they start to realize what a birthday actually is & begin to understand what they prefer & not so much. I love watching her grow. I am so blessed to be her mother.
Today a family friend spent all day with us & they made cupcakes & had all sorts of fun activities. Some family also ended up coming over with a surprise cake & gifts. At night, all decked out in Ariel gear with light-up heels included, Aidann shared some goodies with her lil' friends at church & got to enjoy another round of the "Happy Birthday" song. You can tell this birthday really impacted her in a great way! She is starting to understand just how special & loved she is not just on her birthday, but every day!!!
This Saturday is the big party for both lil' girls & I am very excited!!! Hope to see a few of you there. Then its Asher's special day about a week later. Life just never slows down & that is okay by me because I am just trying to enjoy every second I have.-M&M Momma



All pink of course




















Just happy 2 be here-lol!


Dress-up galore.
Ideal for 3 lil' girls!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment