Friday, March 1, 2013

School Renovations Continue...

So, the school room is still going. Like I said, never ran into so many bumps in the road on a project in my life, lol! But it will be well worth it in the end. Today's mini-missions 1: DIY whiteboard/chalkboard for the kiddos and 2: Accent wall decal application (gulp).

#1: I had been looking high & low for the perfect chalkboard for my kids' school room. After weeks of searching, I finally decided to purchase 2 cute boards I found on sale for $200 total!


Cute, right? Well, I thought that too & thought I was getting a pretty nice deal until not even a day later I found myself in our neighborhood hardware store & realized I could make close to the same thing, maybe even better, for literally 1/4 of the cost! I admit it, I like nice things, but I am also all about saving where I can while still getting what I want. I immediately cancelled my online purchase & went to work....Or rather asked my outrageously handy dad to get to work for me, lol. And I kid you not, for only $50 & in less than an hour my dad had assembled this chalkboard/whiteboard beauty...

 
 

This brings me to Project #2: Wall decal application! Now, when I first decided to redo the school room, I had my heart set on a wallpaper accent. Well, thanks to textured walls I soon realized that was not going to be a possibility. So, I opted for the next best thing-wall decals. The theme of the school room is owls & birds which has a deeper meaning of "wisdom & music", so as soon as I came across birdcage decals I was sold! I love them!!!

Well, tonight was the night that it was time to try & apply them on my own. I was nervous, but decided to dive right in. The whole thing went pretty well, especially considering they were large wall decals. I definitely recommend using them if you want to add a little spice to a dull wall. :)

-M&M Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment