Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Jesus & Elmo....

So, on the way to church Sunday morning, I shared a very interesting conversation with my 2 year old. Well, she did most of the talking anyway but what's new lol....

Aidann: Mommy, are we going to see Jesus right now?

M&M: Well, we are going to church and...

Aidann: Oh, so we'll see Him later. Where does he live?

M&M: He's everywhere.

Aidann: He's in the sky & my heart too. My heart is pink.....(thoughtful pause) Is Elmo at church too?

M&M: No, but we will go see him after. (Planned on seeing Sesame Street Live Sunday afternoon)
Aidann: If he's at church he will want to hold Austin's hand, but I'll tell him "no!" because I want to hold it. Be gentle, ELMO! Elmo will sing about Jesus with me & then we'll drink some wawa (water).----

So, after church & much needed naps, we headed off to go see Elmo's Healthy Heroes. The girls were as excited as they could be, sporting their Elmo duds cradling Abby Cadabby in one arm & chatterbox Elmo in the other. Blame it on their adorable baby teeth smiles or their oversized bows, but we got our decent seats upgraded to up front. I mean, UP FRONT. Let me put this into perspective for you, I could literally smell Cookie Monster's cookie breath. We were so close that the characters were literally popping out of everywhere around us grabbing us out of our seats to dance & give them high-5's. One of the honker characters even gave Jay a noogie. He's not quite to the extent of The Fonz or Jessie from Full House, but you DON'T want to mess with Jay's hair. In a dream sequence I could literally see my husband tossing me lil' Asher as he leaped to his feet to beat this poor lil' honker dude to the floor as the toddlers would look on in utter shock & disbelief, but he held his composure. Lol. Anyway, a good time was definitely had by all. I think Asher's high light was getting to stand up & sing "Twinkle Twinkle" as a giant disco ball cast stars all over the room. Aidann loved scolding Oscar for his attempts to take over Elmo's World & try to promote bad hygiene. If your kid is a "die hard" Elmo fan, I would definitely recommend the show. It was more personal & interesting than most. For lil' furry guys, they really can bust a move.

Well, that's it! I am officially out. My kids are down for naps & I am about to be too!!!
-M&M Momma











SO into it

Gettin up to dance along

Elmo watching...Elmo





















Ready for bed....

SO OUT!



1 comment:

  1. hi those pics soo cute love them all

    grandpa and grandma

    ReplyDelete