Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Liquid Gold

So, trying to write a blog to help me overcome some separation anxiety. Lol. Tonight is definitely history in the making. Its Asher's 1st night binky-less! We already long broke her of having it during the day (she only was allowed to have it when sleeping), but now that she is 1 1/2 yrs old it is time for all her binkies to go to that special place in the sky (aka: The trash can). The second monumental event you ask? Its Austin's 1st night sleeping with her sisters the whole night. I started having her go to sleep with them about a week ago, but then when I went to sleep I would put her in the bassinet in our room. Now that she is 5 months it is time for my lil' Rose to sleep in her own crib like a big girl for all 12 hours. So, as she sleeps  all the way down the hall, let me enter into a more..."Daring" topic.

If you're a guy or not a mommy then you might not want to continue on with this post only because it will probably leave you battling some mixed emotions of maybe disgust, utter shock, confusion, or perhaps feeling pretty freaking enlightened or just allowing you to roll your eyes & laugh your behind off.

*Decided to read on, huh? Well, don't say I didn't warn you.

I have 3 lil' ones & decided to breastfeed all of them. Only, after the 1st few weeks of actually feeding them, I eventually move on to the method of primarily pumping to give me more time to attend to my other motherly duties & be able to give my other kiddos more quality time & attention.

Well, for any of you who don't know, b-milk becomes a very valuable commodity. It is some major time sacrificed, major sleep given up, major pressure to keep your supplies up, & sometimes majorly painful! But lets be real, it is the best thing you can give your babies, "convenient", & a lot less expensive than formula.

*Still reading it, huh? Brave soul :)

Well, when you 1st have your lil' one, that is the time to start storing it up. I'm talking, I had at least 300 bags within the 1st 3 weeks of having my Austin. Its so funny too, a guest innocently opens your freezer to  retrieve a few ice cubes, but instead gets pummeled in the face by bags and bags of b-milk instead. My bad...Oops. Anyway, my fellow mommies & I were talking & I was so relieved to find out that the following feelings are not just me...Anyone who has been around me long enough knows, "DO NOT MESS WITH MY MILK". If there is a bottle of b-milk around, for your own safety stay at least 100 ft back! If my b-milk spills, I could literally swipe some body's head off in 2 seconds flat. I have primarily been known to actually...ashamed to admit it...Cry over spilt milk! I can't tell you how many times out of pure & utter exhaustion in the midst of trying to put together a bottle it has slipped from my fingertips & spilled. I can't even hold back, Dude. I become a blubbering baby! That is milk I worked so hard for & my baby didn't get to benefit from it! Thank God Jay has learned the proper protocol to handle such extreme hormonal episodes. He really deserves the "Dad of the Year" award, he truly does. Lol.

As I stated, I thought I was the only 1 who stressed over reaching the supplies & demands of babies, but it turns out a lot of mom share these same feelings. 1 girlfriend was telling me how her whole fridge went out & her mountains of stored milk all went bad before she discovered it! Other mommies feeling frustrated from barely being able to supply enough milk from bottle to bottle. And others sadly talking about the many adventures of having perverts stare at you while you are trying to pump in the car!?! I mean seriously, we are covered up boys & being milked like a cow can't be that attractive.

*Still reading...I'm impressed.

Lastly, I will share a few stories with you about pumping through the eyes of a 2 year old. After I finished pumping 1 day, my daughter whips up her shirt & grabs the pump & says, "Okay, its my turn, Mommy. Please share". She tries to feed her babies... Like mommy feeds her sister. Then 1 day while watching "Baby Can Read" the word "Pig" pops up followed by a picture of a mommy pig feeding her piglets with her.... Ya. And Aidann proceeds to say, "Look Mommy, She does it just like you". Wow, way to make mommy feel real sexy. Lol.

Well, hats off to those of you who stuck this adventurous & daring post out. If you enjoy reading my blog & have not officially joined my site yet, seriously, please do! I appreciate all the love & support. Have a great one! And remember mommies as ridiculous as it is, you aren't the only one that cries over spilt "milk"! Lol.

-M&M Momma
Easter Outfits
Big girl sleeping in
her big girl bed...


Their room
stripped of all
potentially harmful
objects/toys
Lol...

They grow 2 fast!


No comments:

Post a Comment