Wednesday, November 21, 2012

There is ALWAYS Something 2 Be Thankful 4!

Thanksgiving is upon us & what could be better than taking this opportunity to once again remind our kiddos of the importance of being thankful for everything we have? I put together a really short & easy lesson plan to help teach the ladies this before we partake of dinner this year.

First, I am going to have all the girls show me their hands, wiggle their fingers, & wave them around in the air (a good way to wake them up & make sure you have their complete attention). I am going to then go on to talk about how during this season a lot of people tend to focus on what they don't have & what they "need". I will then take my hands to show my ladies with my hands a "gimme gimme" motion. I will then have them try to do it with their hands & then ask them if they think that is a good attitude to have. I am going to talk about how their is a better attitude to have not only during this time of the year, but all of the time. We should use our hands for good things like giving. I will then use my hands to show a "giving, giving" motion. We need to not only focus on appreciating what we already have, but also focus in on how we can help & benefit other people (give). I will then have the girls mimic a giving motion with their hands.

For the next portion of the lesson plan (the craft-Woo-hoo!) I am going to talk about how sometimes we can start to focus on the tings we do not have & want. We are all human, not perfect, & even though we may experience the feeling of being selfish or ungrateful from time to time we are capable of changing it! How? By changing what we are thinking about. I will let the ladies know that the next time they start to experience this negative feeling all they need to do is stop themselves & put 1 hand in front of their face & name five things they are thankful for. No matter what, if you are still breathing, you can always find at least 5 things to be thankful for. Sometimes are you going to have to stretch a lil' harder to think up at least 5 things? Sure, but it is never impossible! Life, family, a house, shoes, people who love you, clothing, toys, & so forth are all some things we can be appreciative of. I am then going to have the girls trace 1 hand onto construction paper & write in each finger something they are thankful for. Above their hand I will write "There is always something to be thankful for!" & then they can go crazy & decorate the rest! We are then going to laminate them & every year I want to repeat the art project to not only watch their hands grow & see what they are thankful for each year!

Have a safe & fun holiday!!!!

-M&M Momma

From our family to yours, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment